Monday, January 3, 2011

Staying Present

I always look forward to Mondays, because I get to teach my teacher training program.  I love sharing knowledge with the students who want to become teachers, and it challenges me the most as well.  Tonights lecture consisted of anatomy, kinetic movement of the body and general statistics of the fitness industry.  One of the key points that I was focusing on this evening was staying present in your body.
Sun Salutation is the most basic warm -up that yoga has to offer.. most of us "yogi's" can do it with our eyes closed.  So thats what I had my trainers to this evening, as an exercise to stay present and to feel the body instead of constantly need to see the body.  It was an eye opening experience for some!  Soon after that we went onto discovering Tree Pose, looking at hip alignment and Eagle Pose, also with hip alignment.
Anatomy and movement are passions of mine. I love looking at how each student moves, and what their natural patterns are, and how we can create new ones.
So after all this talk of staying present, creating new patterns and learning to recognize them in our students, I bid my students good night and head back into the fitness center to say good night and head home.  As I am chatting with my beloved, I take step off the treadmill, and plummet right onto my backside!
My ankle caved under me and I could do nothing else but fall.. right in the middle of the gym.  Luckily it was not busy in there.. however, my ankle is letting me know it is twisted. How Ironic that I am telling my own students to be present when I am not!  Seems like I have a lot of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment